Monday, May 2, 2011

07052011

This will be first time going to the polls and ironically it won't be in Sg. At 35 years of age, it is quite unthinkable that this is my inaugural democratic decision making event, but I'm sure there are others that come to this crossroad at a later age. Nonetheless, I will be traveling 2,400kms just to exercise my right as a Sg Citizen when the day comes.

Events leading up to polling day have been quite lively thus far. I wish I could be part of the party, to soak in the atmosphere. While proponents of opposition candidates feel that 'the time is now', I have a feeling that the same old story would eventuate. I do hope that my gut feel is wrong though and that some thing a little out of the ordinary happens this time.

Things are less than ideal for my return. I would not have achieved what I have so far if not for stepping out... and I believe staying out would build a stronger bridge from reality to my dreams. While I don't see any majors changes after polling day, I do hope that things do not change hard and fast enough to make my difficult choice even more so.

No comments: