Saturday, March 17, 2007

Relocated...

Sorry guys, just been through a rough patch, was evicted from my previous place and had 1 week to move. Haven't felt that shitty in a long time.

Reason sited was that my sleeping patterns were not compatible with her (my landlady). I got this after running errands for her, fixing her garage remote, helping with computer stuff, cleaning up all the time, etc.

Luckily I didn't blog about that place. It was nice, but somehow I didn't really feel at home there.

Oh well, moving along.

So the evening I got the notice to leave, I packed up Tabby (laptop), Tortora (Textbook) and some snacks, and left for school. It was about 7pm then, and I could use the classrooms till 10pm.

When I reached school, I fired Tabby up and went to the internet to look for a room to rent. After looking at a few, I just tried my luck and called up one of them. Made arrangements to see the place at 9.30pm, and liked it a lot. Paid deposit and moved in a few days later. New housemate came with a huge-ass 4WD and I moved everything in 1 go, including the desk I bought.

Here it is:
My room. (just cleared it up for this shot... heh)

It has a great unobstructed view (which I can't show you as it is night time now), and it is very windy (<200m from beach), and large (previous room was smaller and the landlady had alot of her stuff inside, including 1 locked up cupboard and 60% of the wardrobe space being occupied, and no desk).

The kitchen.

There's a rice cooker. Hallelujah.

The living room.


All settled in now... *sigh of relief* =)

4 comments:

moby sky said...

somehow i also knew that staying with some old aussie lady wouldn't have been your cup of tea...no matter how many cups you made for her.

anyway, the new place looks much nicer. in fact, it's so nice that i think you can fit at least 3 of your best friends from singapore into the living room. hahaha.

moby sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice leh. Nice. Hope you're happier here.

Anonymous said...

jason, i think ur quite lucky to have found a place so soon in GC! btw, queenslanders are among the most racist. i'd a similar experience with the landlord whose anal agent found trouble each time at inspections.

maybe ur landlady evicted u becoz her friends or family members talked abt how unsuitable an "asian foreigner" would make for a tenant.