Saturday, February 10, 2007

Touchdown - 0 week

Hey everyone...

This blog been a long time coming. Hope it was worth the wait.
I have been in the Gold Coast for slight over 1 month now, and starting to miss home a little.

Where am I exactly.


It's been an eventful month thus far, and here are the highlights of the first week there:

14 Jan 07
- Flight at midnight, family and close friends from 93-94 NYJC Canoeing Team + friends, brotherhood + friends from RH(NUS) were there to send me off. Thanks all =)



- Flight was good, got an ailse seat and could stretch out my legs. Couldn't really sleep much cos I always get excited when flying.
- While preparing for take-off, there was some confusing in seating arrangements, and some SQ pilot cadets were trying to 'act cute' with the hostesses, trying to be charming. Well, it was quite disasterious. To me at least.

15 Jan 07
- Touchdown at Brisbane International Airport, bus to Southport, Gold Coast.- Checked-in at Swan Lane Apartments (the place where I stayed for my interview).

- Did mostly adminstative matters (e.g. banking, mobile), and made calls about accommodations.
- Viewed one room, where there were 2 guys, one of them Maori, quite the party aniaml. The place was not too bad but just a little far from school and the neighbourhood seemed a little too secluded for me.

16 Jan 07
- Went to see another place, and this is where I would end up. It was a nice, resort-like, place with a small pool.
- Landlady seemed really nice, and I am quite grateful to have found this place. More of this later.

17-19 Jan 07
- My long lost secondary school friend from MSHS, Bernard, came to visit. It's been quite awhile since I've seen that giant. Was good to see a familiar face when you're in a foreign land. Was great catching up on old times.

20 Jan 07
- Moved into my new place.
- After settling in, I made my way up to Brisbane to visit Bernard, for the weekend. My first time in Brissy and it is quite the bustling city. More on that later.

So that's it, first week of the rest of my life in Australia.

No comments: